SNA Awards and Scholarships
The SNA awards program is a great opportunity to highlight the outstanding and important work of SNA members and state affiliates!
Members and state associations are eligible for many awards and honors that recognize their achievements in school foodservice, leadership, membership recruitment and professional development. Each year SNA awards are presented to its outstanding members and state association leaders at the Annual National Conference (ANC) during the State Awards Ceremony and General Sessions.
Nominate a colleague you admire today for an SNA Award, including:
All nominees must be SNA members who hold a SNA certificate throughout the entire awards process. All award nominations are due online or to the State President by March 1 of each year.
These awards recognize achievement and excellence in state association leadership, membership recruitment and retention, and professional development:
- President's Award of Achievement, in honor of Thelma Flanagan
- President’s Award of Excellence
- Membership Awards
- Professional Development Awards
For over 30 years, the School Nutrition Foundation (SNF) has been raising funds to provide SNA members the opportunity to achieve their higher education goals through a wide variety of scholarships. To date, SNF has awarded members over $2 million in scholarships.
School Nutrition Association of North Carolina Scholarships
Download Application for SNA of North Carolina Scholarship (see scholarships below)
The School Nutrition Association of North Carolina awards two (2) $500 scholarships. The scholarship guidelines are shown below.
- Be a SNA-NC member and a School Nutrition Employee.
- Be enrolled in, or enrolling in, a college food service related, degreed program.
- Agree to return any unused portion of the scholarship at the end of the year.
Instructions for Completing Application
- Complete scholarship application.
- Submit an up-to-date transcript of all academic work.
- Submit three (3) letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation should be from former or current instructors, former or current employers and an individual from the applicant's home community.
- Include a letter stating why you desire a scholarship.
- Submit two (2) copies of application and all related documents by May 1 to the Leadership Development/Awards Chair.
The Award/Nominations Chair for 2018-2019 is:
195 Gus Town Road
Creswell, NC 27928
- Scholarships are granted for an academic year.
- A scholarship recipient may apply for a scholarship in succeeding years.
- Winners will be announced at the SNA-NC annual meeting in June each year.
- Scholarship payments will be made directly to the college/university.
- Board of Directors members are not eligible to apply for or receive a SNA-NC Scholarship while they are serving on the board.
View a list of the 2017 regional and national award winners, as well as previous national winners.